Sunday, October 24, 2010

Homeward bound

Managed to get diesel (yes, diesel fuel goes in diesel cars!), hit the road, and drove to Bordeaux on Friday. Had a bite at the airport. Flight left promptly at 13:55. We made it to Amsterdam. We managed to avoid any delays with striking French workers. Whew!
We stayed at the Sheraton, which is attached to the Amsterdam airport. Took the train into Amsterdam, drank the BEST Heineken beer and had a wonderful steak for dinner. Ams was a major culture shock from quiet little Plazac, but fun nonetheless.
Got to sleep in till 8 a.m., then caught the 11:15 to PDX. No headwinds, so we made it in 10 hours. Paul (of Paul and Joelle) picked us up at the airport. What a stud! I was home by 13:30. I made it until the 2nd qtr of the Oklahoma game, when the roof collapsed. I crawled into bed around 7:30 and slept great, until o'dark thirty (that's about 2:30 a.m.) I got out of bed at 3:00 a.m. Ugh...
I'll do better tonight...
Great trip.
I feel relaxed, which is the not the norm for my Euro vacations.
So, as I often say, I'd like to come home for a week, sleep in my own bed, trash my old clothes, and head back. Larry spoke highly of Portugal... hmmmmm...

No comments: