Sunday, October 8, 2017

16,143

# of steps walked today.
Yeah, I’m draggin...

We decided to Metro on down to the Appian Way, the ancient highway that leads south, just like I-5.
The Metro was the easy part... we then jumped on the #118 bus for a quick ride to the Appian Way park.  Well, it was supposed to be quick.  It drug on forever and we had no idea where to get off, so we just followed the Italians, who seemed to be navigating well.  Twenty minutes later, the bus dropped us off on the wrong side of no tomorrow.  Gawd, where in the hell are we??  Yeah, I got google maps, but even that barked at me.  So we felt our way on a path that eventually led to our destination.

I was really looking forward to the road.  But, as we all know, watch out for expectations... they’ll get you every time.  Here’s a pic of the actual road.






Looks nice.  But try walking on it.  You have to watch every step you take, like fording a bolder strewn creek.  Everyone of those crevices is a potential ankle twister.  Add horses to the mix and you have other disasters to avoid.  After a kilometer of horseshit, dust, cars, mountain bikers, I threw in the towel and reversed course, heading back to civilization.  I thot i would catch a bus... wrong vino breath... the busses are not on their normal route because we have a
 Bicycle race running through the park.  Oh joy...just keep walking, which I did.  Luckily I had water, which made the excursion bearable.  Onward I trudged, ending up at the Piramide metro stop... Deja vu all over again.  

No comments: