Friday, April 12, 2013

Here, not there.

Left PDX on time.  Somewhere over Butte, the drugs kicked in.  I managed two or so hours of sleep (or something that resembles sleep).  Woke up, had a bite and then I reloaded.  Got two more hours of REM sleep.  Total flight took 9 hours 20 minutes, so my clock says midnight and it's 9:00 am in Amsterdam.  Oh yeah, sleep depreviation... now I remember.
As I write, my 20 y.o. niece Kayla begins her first chemo treatment, which is scheduled to last six months.   She was planning a summer Italy trip - I was supposed to lay the ground work.  Funny how life can make a U turn, just when you least expect it.
So, David, Cathy and I (oops - sorry, that's Davide and Catrina) are headed out in 10 minutes.  Want to get our bearings, have a bite and call it an early night.  Tomorrow's plan:  train to Treviso for lunch.
Ciao 4 now.
p

No comments: