Wednesday, April 17, 2013

On the train

Travel days are always kind of bitchy.  You just get used to a town and then you're gone.  So off on the train we went, chugging our way from Venice to Verona.  Cabbed it to the hotel.  After checking in, we headed to lunch and had some killer pumpkin ravioli, a jug of Soave and some bean soup (pasta fragoli).  I took a siesta and stopped eating for the rest of the day.  Here's a pic of David and Cathy on the train.  Also, check out my hotel room.  I've seen bigger closets!  I have to turn sideways to get into the shower!  But hey, I've got a bidet... so I've got that going for me!  Warm here today... low 80s. 
After the hotel breakfast, we walked to the train station and books our tickets to Antibes, France.  We leave Saturday for an all day train ride.  On the return walk, I split off to find a grocery store.  Headed to the burbs.  In my best Italian, I asked a woman carrying groceries... "scuzzi, dove est supermarche?"  This is what I heard..." dsiurw diqwo8 dlkjv lask RIGHT, evstg a;sdiue una mas LEFT, dsieur sxzeiur edw".
To which I reply "Grazzie".  So I make a right and a left, and whaddya know, PAM the Fred Meyer's of Italy.  Whoopee !
I buy three Italian blood oranges, three bananas, some laundry detergent and a 2 litre bottle of San Benedetto Acqua Minerale Naturale (that only cost .42E... about 50 cents - best deal in town!).  Hell, I'm set.  Lug it back to the hotel room, wash some clothes in the sink, take a siesta and here I am.  I kind of like this lifestyle. 
Ciao 4 now.

No comments: