Saturday, October 25, 2014

Bring your guilders...

Holland... gawd this is a great country.  Everything just works.  Bicycles everywhere. Everybody is environmentally conscious.  But lemme tell you, you better be packing some serious do-re-me.  Damn it's expensive.  An espresso for which I paid 80 cents in Portugal is 3.10 here.  For lunch, I had a bowl of soup and a small squeezed juice for 10.50 Euro. In Portugal that same 10.50 would have bought me two beers, a piece of fish, fries, rice and a small salad.  

Walking around Den Haag is a trip.  Little streets with shops and restaurants - not a panhandler in sight.  People here have money - and they are spending it... so much different than Portugal. 




 I talked to this guy.  I really liked his electric bike.  He said he was 64... I told him it was nice to see some old guys here. He laughed.

Bicycles are the main mode of transportation for getting around the city. I have no idea what they do in the winter. It's very flat, which makes bicycling very easy.  Check out the bicycle parking area below.. what a trip.

No comments: