Saturday, October 25, 2014

Not so good news...

Below is an email I sent to my Portugal fellow travelers yesterday.

All,

I am in Amsterdam, where it is raining.
I felt I need to pass on some not-so-good news.
It's about Bob.

This morning, around 11:30, I was waiting for the airport shuttle to arrive at the hotel.  A cab pulled up, and in the back seat were Matt and Miriam.  I was so happy to see them, but I could not figure what they were doing in a cab.  Miriam said it had not been a good day.  Most of you know that Bob is Miriam's cousin.  Bob is traveling with Judy. According to Miriam, Bob got VERY sick last night... so sick that he fainted and crashed into a mirror in his hotel room.

This morning he and Judy attempted to fly home.  Apparently, he was so ill he had to de-board the aircraft and was taken to the hospital.  Cristina, Matt and Miriam all met Judy and Bob at the hospital.  Matt and Miriam spent two hours there. Bob was sleeping, so they headed back to the hotel.  They leave tomorrow.

Anyway, I just thought you would want to know about Bob.  If you're the religious type, perhaps you might keep him in your prayers.  If you don't believe in gawd, perhaps just send some good vibes his way.  

Judy - Miriam... would you please keep us informed about Bob.  I hope he is better and this was all just a bad case of "nothing too serious".

Phil

ps... in case you missed it, here was the sign in the lobby this morning.  
It put a smile on my face and partially relieved my postpartum depression.
Thanks Cristina, for being such a trooper and a great teacher.  I learned more than I ever thought.


It turns out the Bob is now out of the hospital... travel insurance really came in handy.  The cause... "Acute Gastrointestinal Symptoms"... food poisioning??? who knows.  Just really glad he's ok.  After traveling with this group, these peeps become your brothers and sisters.

 

No comments: