Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Whipped, like the red-headed...

Started out after breakfast, spending time going over some basics.  We got a 48 Metro pass, which gives us access to all transportation.  Christina, our guide, taught us the basics of the Lisbon subway system.  Much like Paris and London, it will take you about a minute and a half to get it.  
We headed into town, covering some of the ground I had already seen.  This time, however, I got the history.  That REALLY makes a difference.  Then we walked from uptown to downtown, and took a small bus up the other side of town, to an old fort.  The views were fantastic.  Notice the Golden Gate replica, built by the company who built the Bay Bridge in SF.  The Christ the King statue across the bay is a replica of the one in Rio.



For you photo geeks, I set the scene to "Vivid" and dropped two f stops.  Sure makes the sky blue and the tile roofs pop, eh.  This city REALLY reminds me of the Bay Area...


We then walked down the hill, through an old neighborhood called Alfama.  We then disbanded.  I grabbed one of my travel mates and we headed back to the hotel.  I stopped for a fish sandwich and a beer.  Went back to the room, knocked out a payroll and took a 40 minute siesta.  Then out to the ATM and an expresso (called a bica).  I'm tiiiirrrrrreeeeeeeddddddd...

No comments: