Sunday, October 12, 2014

Somethings are cheap here.

After this walking, I'm a bit parched.  So instead of heading to my room and having a Carlsberg 25 cl beer (8.45 oz) at the tune of 3.30 Euro, i find a Minute Mart and purchase my own beer.  I get three Cristal Pilsner beers - 33 cl, which is 11.2 oz.  A bag of peanuts and a bag of cashews (125g each - 4 oz).  Note the enclosed receipt.  Line 1 shows "amendoins com mel", which are basically beer nuts.  If you translate that, it's "peanut butter and jelly"... I told you this was a difficult language!  Next is "Caju", which is cashews.  Then the piece d'resistance... the beer is .37 each - including VAT of 23%.  Plus .07 for the bottle deposit.  The whole bill is 4 euro.  Now, why don't they have THAT in amerika?  The sun is out... clothes are dry... time to get back to town.  I just enjoy wandering...

No comments: