Sunday, October 12, 2014

Not fit for man or beast...

Raining here this morning.  Oh well, I've got a hat and rain coat, so I set out after breakfast.  I walk towards town, grab the finiculare and traverse the big hill to uptown.


Now that I am in the high town, I stroll the main drag.  It's pretty quiet, being Sunday morning.  I figure most peeps are at church, because this country is CATHOLIC. The rain comes in squalls (remember, we are right on the ocean). Many of us huddle under awnings, seeking shelter.  Before long, my pants are drenched from knees to ankles.  The GoreTex Ecco's keep my feet dry... glad I brought those.

The view at the top of the hill is pretty stupendous, even if it's not clear.


 
 I march on...







I notice the varied architecture.  All is beautiful, in its own way.  Some has been restored, some not.





Rehab... 







 Old and new...








That's glass on the side of of the pink building... in the foreground there is a crew filming children playing in a school yard.



This old beauty is in a pretty sad state. Note the ivy sending out its tenacles. Windows were open, curtains frapping in the breeze... most likely waterlogged.

No comments: